The Best camera lenses for 2018
The Canon EF 75-300 is one of the most popular and bestselling lenses. It is an excellent all around lens, full of features and gives excellent results. The Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM telephoto zoom lens is a compact and lightweight 4x telephoto zoom lens ideal for shooting sports, portraits, and wildlife. The newly developed Micro USM makes auto focusing quicker and quieter. The improved zoom mechanism also makes zooming smoother. The front part of the zoom ring now sports a silver ring for a luxury touch. This compact and lightweight EF 75-300mm telephACoto zoom lens is ideal for shooting sports, portraits, and wildlife. The lens is distinguished by a newly developed micro ultra-sonic monitor (USM) that makes autofocusing quicker and quieter.
- Professional telephoto zoom lens with equivalent focal length range of 120-480mm to capture distant subject with exceptional clarity
- 13 elements in 9 groups and an extension system with a DC micromotor for professional and precise autofocus
- Minimum focusing distance of 4.9’ and compresses the space between subjects inside the frame for pleasing results
- Lightweight and compact at only 16.8 oz., the lens is extremely convenient to carry along and is compatible with Canon DSLRs including full-frame, APS-C format, and 35mm film cameras (see description for models)
- Keep all your equipment in picture perfect shape with the high-quality Xpix cleaning accessories included in the bundle with 24pc water-resistant SD card case, a telephoto + wide-angle lens + filters, and much more
The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 35 is a very versatile lens, ideal for a whole range of photo applications, and excellent where a 50 mm just does not give you enough room for the shot. The photos it produces are beautiful with amazing depth of field. The AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G optical design allows a different look and feel to images taken with zoom lenses, and its dimensions are ideal for discrete snapshots and landscape shooting with a picture angle that approximates that of the human eye. With its rounded seven-blade diaphragm opening, out-of-focus elements appear more natural. With a compact, lightweight design, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G provides the high reproduction capability and picture quality for which Nikkor lenses are renowned at an affordable price. The ring type SWM offers quiet AF operation
- F Mount Lens/DX Format
- 52.5mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.8 to 22 ; Dimensions(approx.):Approx. 70 x 52.5 millimeter
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- Rear Focusing; Manual Focus Override
The Canon EF 50 provides excellent image quality, compact form factor and affordable pricing, but with few concessions in build and AF performance. Better than the previous model, and improvements include metal mount, sturdier barrel and AF/MF switch, larger focus ring, good matte finish and stepping motor. Improvements to lens coatings and improved close focus ability. One of the most versatile focal lengths available, the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens from Canon pairs this classic lens design with enhancements to the AF system and physical design that make it both faster and smaller. Utilizing an STM stepping motor, this lens is ideal for both still and video shooting due to its speedy and smooth operation. Further benefitting video shooters, the STM motor also supports the Movie Servo AF mode on select DSLRs for precise and near-silent focusing. An updated exterior design includes a metal lens mount and a re-located focusing ring in order to accommodate the compact overall form factor. The 50mm f/1.8 is a classic, tested lens design, and thanks to enhanced auto-focus and a svelte profile, this lens is ideal for everyday shooting in a wide variety of conditions.
- 50mm focal length and maximum aperture of f/1.8
- Great for portraits, action, and nighttime photography
- Minimum focusing distance of 1.15 ft. (0.35m) and a maximum magnification of 0.21x
- Stepping motor (STM) delivers near silent, continous Move Servo AF for movies and smooth AF for stills
- 80mm effective focal-length on APS-C cameras, 50mm on full-frame cameras
The NIKON AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200 lens is a lightweight collapsible telephoto zoom lens, which is great fun to use for both close and far shots. It captures images with good clarity and stably by hand even at maximum zoom. It has a narrow field of view which is suited for shots with a tight composition. It works wonderfully in auto and manual focus modes for both near and far shots. The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II Lens is a versatile and compact telephoto zoom lens that is well-suited for portraiture, sports, or wildlife photography. When placed on a Nikon DX camera, it offers an angle of view equivalent to that of a 82-300mm lens on a full-frame 35mm digital camera. When paired with a Nikon DX 18-55mm lens, seamless wide angle to telephoto capability is obtained. A Silent Wave Motor is utilized for fast and quiet autofocusing, while Vibration Reduction stabilizes optics within the lens to allow the user or camera to set shutter speed up to 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible before camera shake becomes apparent within the image.
- Compact telephoto zoom that’s great for action, people and travel.
- Focal Length Range : 55 -200 mm, Minimum Focus Distance : 3.7 ft. ( 1.1 m). Maximum angle of view (DX-format): 28°50′, Minimum angle of view (DX-format): 8°
- Super Integrated Coating (SIC) delivers superior color quality while reducing ghosting and lens flare
- Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass nearly eliminates optical distortion, while a rounded seven-blade diaphragm makes out of focus elements look more natural
- Nikon Vibration Reduction (VR) image stabilization provides 4.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images, steadier HD videos and enhanced low-light performance
The Canon EF 75-300 is perfect as a lens that allows you to zoom in a bit so that you can snap photos of subjects without having to be right up on them. This is the perfect lens for capturing shots of children playing, and you get excellent shots that reflect true emotions, as the subjects are not posing. The lens is very quick and you get a great level of detail without being at all close to the subject. Capture the far-off action of fast-paced sports or zoom in for an intimate portrait with the Canon EF 75-300mm telephoto zoom lens. The optical system, construction, and exterior are the same as the EF 75-300 mm f/4-5.6 III USM’s.
- Focal length: 75-300mm
- Maximum aperture: 1:4-5.6
- Lens construction: 13 elements in 9 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 32 (at 11 feet) to 8 degrees (at 15 feet)
- Closest focusing distance: 4.9 feet
- Zoom system: Rotating type
- Filter size: 58mm
- Dimensions: 2.8 inches in diameter, 4.8 inches long
- Weight: 16.8 ounces
This not a complete review of all the Best camera lenses for 2018 but it includes the best selling, best performing, and most popular lenses.